Gender is an oppression hierarchy, with males on top and females on the bottom. Women as a class cannot escape this hierarchy, as evidenced by the daily posts on this blog. Men as a class benefit from this hierarchy, as evidenced by the daily posts on this blog. Claiming that there is such thing as “cis” which lumps all non-trans people into one category masks this reality while doing nothing to change the systems that make it possible.
“Cis privilege” is a myth for females.
“The collective female social location is consistently less than similarly situated males in terms of:
– material resources received as an infant and child
– respect, attention, and intellectual encouragement received as an infant and child
– risk of being sexually exploited or victimized
– role within the hetero family unit
– representation and power in government
– access to education, jobs, and promotions in the workforce
– property ownership and dominion over space.”